We love sour cream! However I tend to either run out or forget to buy it often. So not only is this a healthy alternative to dairy sour cream, it is delicious and I tend to always have the ingredients in the house! Its a perfect last minute addition to soups or dinners and can easily be turned into a sweet or savory dip when you need a last minute fast app for any party!
10 Minute Paleo Sour Cream
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon or Lime Juice*
- 3/4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Soak Raw Cashews in hot, not boiling, water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse Cashews
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until creamy. If you desire a thinner consistency add 1/2 tsp water at a time until you get desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or chill in fridge until ready to serve. Store in fridge for up to 5 days.
*recipe taken and adapted from www.simple-veganista.com