sweet Baked bean chili
Our family loves food but desperately needs variety. Everyone loves baked beans and I thought what about a baked bean chili. This Baked Bean Chili Freezer Meal gives you all the sweet flavor of baked beans with the consistency of chili.
It’s a great dish when you’re looking for a sweet and savory chili, plus I added bacon which always makes food better!
This Baked Bean Chili Freezer Meal takes minutes to prep!
You can easily make this a vegetarian baked bean chili by removing the bacon because there is no other meat. Freezer meals are great because of the ease they provide in cooking dinner. Just dump your freezer meal in the slow cooker and let dinner cook itself.
Chilis and soups are always some of the best freezer meals! This baked bean chili recipe will make any backyard bbq or cool summer night 10 times better you’re almost guaranteed to run out.
Why you will love this Baked Bean Chili Freezer Meal
- 10 Minutes to Prep
- Super Easy
- Extremely Tasty
- Family Friendly
- Crowd Pleaser
Is there beef in this baked bean chili recipe?
Ingredients you will need for this baked bean chili freezer meal.
- black bean
- baked beans
- diced tomatoes
- celery seed
- onion powder
- chili powder
- garlic powder
Do I need water or broth for this recipe?
How to make the freezer meal?
How to cook this baked bean chili recipe?
What kind of baked beans can I use?
What to serve with baked bean chili?
How to store Sweet Baked Bean Chili?
Do I need a slow cooker for this recipe?
Can I use an instant pot instead?
*See FAQ’s and specific tips following recipe below. (so you don’t have to scroll for a million years to find the food 😉 ).
How do you make Sweet Baked Bean Chili? 👇
Sweet Baked Bean Chili
- Slow Cooker or Crock Pot
- 1 lb bacon cooked and diced
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 28 oz can baked beans
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups broth of preference use water if out of broth
- 1 tsp onion powder, paprika 1 tsp of each
- 1 tbsp garlic powder, oregano, chili powder, cumin
- Add all ingredients together into slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Ready to serve! Enjoy!
- Label Freezer bag with recipe name, cooking from frozen directions and expiration date (todays date plus three months).
- Add all ingredients into labeled gallon freezer bag.
- Store in freezer for up to three months.
Cooking from Frozen Directions:
- Thaw overnight in fridge or in the morning in some warm water (meal may not be 100% thawed but that is ok).
- Add freezer bag contents into slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours. (May need an extra 30 minutes if completely frozen when placed in slow cooker).
- It's ready to serve, enjoy!
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, fresh green onions or peppers!
- For a kick add in a little hot sauce to your bowl.
- Great dish to serve for a party or family gathering!
if you liked this recipe give it a share!
Tag @MyFamilyDinner or #MyFamilyDinner
How freezer meals will change your life.
To learn more about how freezer cooking can help make your life easier sign up for FOOD FOR THOUGHT! Get healthy recipes, meal plans and hacks straight to your inbox weekly.
Frequently asked questions
No problem! Just throw the freezer meal in your slow cooker and you’re all set. If it doesn’t fit thaw it for a few minutes in warm water. (You may need to add an extra 30 minutes cook time if completely frozen when cooking).
We opperate under the 90/10 rule. 90 percent of the time our food is clean and healthy. All the ingredients in this soup are clean besides the canned baked beans. If you make your own baked beans this recipe is fully clean. Canned Baked beans have some added sugars so they are not completely clean but they do taste delicious. It’s all about what you’re comfortable with.
It all depends on the type of baked bean you purchase. We bought bushs baked beans for this chili and there is a bit of sugar in it. If you’re watching your sugar intake be sure to purchase a baked bean within dietary guidelines.
Don't forget to pin this recipe and save it for later! 👇
If you liked this sweet baked bean chili you may also like