This is one of those cakes that I see behind the counter at bakerys and my mouth starts to water. I love this cake because it is not too sweet but tastes of cinnamon and soft vanilla cake….im not even a cake person normally.
One of those little joys I enjoy in life is a cup of coffee on a warm/cool morning and a slice of this cinnamon crumb cake! Its also great in the evening with some ice cream. Or in the afternoon for a snack…what am I saying its good anytime!
Try making this recipe for any reason you can find and enjoy! Be sure to print it off because this cinnamon crumb cake will be one of those recipes you want to make again and again.
We love it so much when our kitchen was being remodeled we found a way to make this…no idea how we pulled that off. See its worth it anytime!
Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk (I prefer almond milk)
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8×8 inch baking dish.
- First make cake batter. Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla extract to butter and sugar and mix. Blend until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix. Once mostly combined add milk and then the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Now make the filling! In a separate small bowl pinch together all the filling ingredients until it feels like soft wet crumbs. (It will almost feel like wet sand)
- Lastly the topping, almost done! Pinch together all topping ingredients until you achieve a similar texture as filling. (Texture will slightly vary because the ingredients differ slightly)
- Fill 8×8 greased baking dish with half of cake batter. Pour filling over cake batter then add remaining cake batter on top. (Try to gently spread out second layer of cake batter, this will be a little tough because of the filling)
- Top off the cake with the topping and bake in oven for 45-50 minutes. You will know it is done when a toothpick comes out clean when testing the cake.
Comment below and tell me if you liked the recipe! I would love to hear how it turned out!
Also please subscribe if your interested in staying up to date with the latest recipes and receive exclusive content to your email! I would love to get to know you!