Cinnamon roll french toast
Breakfast foods are my weakness. I LOVE BREAKFAST. Any time of any day. This Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole is my favorite to make ahead and enjoy the next morning with family and friends!
There are so many sweet and savory options in the world of breakfast. I normally prefer savory but today I am excited to share with you one of my favorite breakfast recipes when I have a sweet tooth.
Imagine your home on a Sunday morning smelling of homemade cinnamon rolls, without all the work.
The kids and husband will be up in no time ready to taste whatever incredible food you have made for them.
Here is another great egg breakfast recipe!
This casserole is incredible! Bonus it can be made as an overnight casserole if needed so you can make it the night before for holidays, birthdays, special occasions or even a Sunday morning. You may even get lucky and end up with some leftover cinnamon roll french toast bake!
Living a healthy lifestyle to me means balance. We do not completely omit anything from our diet and still occasionally enjoy sweet treats like this meal.
Why you will love this cinnamon roll french toast recipe.
- Prep night before
- Super Easy
- Extremely Tasty
- Family Friendly
What should I serve for Sunday brunch?
Ingredients you will need for this homemade cinnamon roll french toast bake recipe
- unsalted butter
- brown sugar
- ground cinnamon
- milk of preference (I use almond milk)
- Italian bread (stale is preferred)
- vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (for icing)
What type of milk should I use in this french toast casserole?
Common ingredient substitutions
- Use ghee instead of butter
- Egg whites or any egg replacement instead of egg
- French bread instead of Italian bread
- Any artisan bread should work, you could even use white bread
What size pan is best for cinnamon roll french toast from scratch?
What kind of bread should be used for french toast bake?
Can you use stale bread for french toast bake?
What goes with french toast casserole?
How to store leftover cinnamon roll french toast bake?
Can I use a slow cooker or instant pot?
*See FAQ’s and specific tips following recipe below. (so you don’t have to scroll for a million years to find the food 😉 ).
How do you make this Cinnamon French Toast Bake? 👇
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 8 Eggs
- 3 1/2 cup Milk of preference (I use almond milk)
- 16 oz loaf Italian Bread
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
For the icing:
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Milk of preference (I use almond milk)
- Cut up loaf into 1 inch cubes, (a rough chop will be fine do not stress about the size) and let sit out to dry for 4 hours. If you do not have time for this then bake them in oven at 300 for 10 minutes to dry out the bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture on bottom of 9x13 pan and spread evenly.
- Mix together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Pour dried bread into 9x13 pan over cinnamon-sugar mixture. Spread out evenly.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. (I like to press bread slightly down into liquid so it all soaks up. At this point you can stick the casserole in the fridge to sit overnight or you can cook it immediately)
- Set into preheated oven and cook for 30-45 minutes. The casserole may puff up a bit but you will know its done when there is no more liquid around the bread.
- Mix all icing ingredients together in a bowl pressing out any lumps as you stir.
- Drizzle icing over casserole when you are ready to serve. (This is where things get really tasty! My son gets excited for SUGAR as he puts it haha)
if you liked this recipe give it a share!
Tag @My_FamilyDinner or #MyFamilyDinner
How freezer meals will change your life.
Frequently asked questions
The casserole is intended to be soft on the bottom and crispy on the top. If it comes out way too soggy overall than try soaking the bread in a separate container then what you bake in. Be sure the container to bake in is dry when you put everything in. Be sure to use large eggs and not extra large.
Yes. Cinnamon rolls originated as a pastry in France.
Follow the instructions above for details but soaking this recipe overnight is best. Anywhere from 6-12 hours is great. This overnight cinnamon roll french toast bake is amazing!
Yes! This cinnamon french toast bake is intended to have so much texture! It is gooey at the base with tons of cinnamon roll flavor and as you get to the top of the casserole it gets crispy. So good.
Don't forget to pin this recipe and save it for later! 👇
Follow Here! 👇
If you like this cinnamon roll french toast bake recipe you may also like