Fluffy buttery pancakes
After years and years of trial and error we have perfected a classic and fluffy buttery pancake recipe! What makes these pancakes so great is the fluffy buttery goodness each pancake has to offer. They will melt in your mouth and will remind you of vanilla cake perfection.
Not to mention there is no artificial sugar in this recipe. Only maple syrup, and you would never know.
Many people will tell you the secret to a perfect pancake is buttermilk. Buttermilk pancakes are very common and super fluffy but most of us don’t have buttermilk lying around. Plus it goes bad so quickly.
Did you know you can get the same flavor and texture as a buttermilk pancakes by using a couple other simple ingredients?!
Lucky for you this pancake recipe has been tried and tried and tried until now we have a perfect delicious classic buttery pancake. No dairy and no added sugar.
Make these buttermilk pancakes in a blender, stand mixer or large bowl by hand.
This is by far the best pancake mix around and nothing compares to a good easy basic buttery pancake recipe!
Why you will love this fluffy buttery pancakes recipe.
- 10 Minutes to Prep
- Super Easy
- Extremely Tasty
- Healthy (Soy Free, Dairy Free, Preservative Free, No Artificial Sugar)
- Family Friendly
What is the secret to fluffy pancakes?
Ingredients you will need for this fluffy buttery pancakes recipe.
- unbleached all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground nutmeg (Optional)
- ground cinnamon (Optional)
- ground cloves (Optional)
- pure maple syrup or raw honey
- milk of preference (I use almond milk)
- distilled white vinegar
- unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla extract
- coconut oil for skillet (may also use butter or olive oil)
What is raw honey? Is it different from regular honey?
How do you make buttermilk?
Is olive oil ok for pancakes?
These amazing basic homemade pancakes are fluffy, buttery, flavorful, kid friendly, mouthwatering, and perfect.
This recipe will make enough for a family of 4 so double it if you have more…or if you have teenage boys lurking around.
Which butter is best for pancakes?
What to serve with this fluffy buttery pancakes recipe?
How to store this DIY pancake mix?
How do I store buttery pancakes once cooked?
How do you make fluffy pancakes from scratch?
*See FAQ’s and specific tips following recipe below. (so you don’t have to scroll for a million years to find the food 😉 ).
How do you make this Fluffy Buttery Pancakes Recipe? 👇
Classic Buttery Pancakes
- 3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 7 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (Optional)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- coconut oil for skillet (may also use butter or olive oil)
- Mix together almond milk and vinegar and set aside. (This may sound weird but you are basically making a buttermilk substitute with this. Makes the pancakes light and fluffy!).
- In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly add wet ingredients whisking as you go. Try to add in flour from sides slowly as you whisk batter together to avoid lumps. (Do not over mix)
- Heat stove-top flat top grill or non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Once heated add coconut oil to grease and start cooking away. Pour 1/3 cup batter per pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form in the center of the pancake and sides begin to form, then flip. Once flipped cook an additional 30 seconds - 1 minutes and check for doneness. Once all your pancakes are cooked enjoy!
- Batter will stay good in fridge up to 3 days. Pancakes can also be cooked and frozen for some homemade pancake breakfasts when your in a rush.
if you liked this recipe give it a share!
Tag @My_FamilyDinner or #MyFamilyDinner
How freezer meals will change your life.
To learn more about how freezer cooking can help make your life easier sign up for FOOD FOR THOUGHT! Get healthy recipes, meal plans and hacks straight to your inbox weekly.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! They freeze so well. Make a large batch and store in the freezer to enjoy on school mornings or any weekend!
Sure! Both are a fat that will add delicious flavor to your dish. There is a small enough amount of butter in this recipe that oil will work just may change the texture a little bit. But it will still be super tasty. Just less buttery.
Follow the recipe above for detailed instructions.
“Not only does buttermilk provide a tangy flavour in pancakes, it helps activate the baking soda and/or baking powder in the batter, making it light and fluffy even before it hits the heat of your pan! The acid in buttermilk that helps break down gluten, developing soft, moist and tender Buttermilk Pancakes.”
– Quote of Cafe Delight
Fat in butter gives your pancakes a rich moist texture similar to a cake. Hence pancakes. But using butter will give you a richer more delicious flavor.
Technically no. Adding vinegar to your milk creates a milk with a similar makeup to buttermilk giving you a fluffy buttery delicious pancake!
The batter in this recipe will come out very thick. You will spread the batter out on the skillet a bit thick. If its way more then you prefer add in milk (does not have to be the buttermilk version) until you are satisfied with the consistency.
No, this one is good to go when you are ready to make these easy pancakes.
Homemade pancake mix is always the best! This recipe is a rockstar DIY pancake mix recipe for the perfect fluffy buttery pancakes.
Eggs act as a binding agent in baking. They also provide some natural fat which adds a rich flavor to your pancakes.
There are two simple reasons for this. One, the pan needs to heat up properly across the whole surface and two there is not yet an even distribution of oils across the surface.
Don't forget to pin this recipe and save it for later! 👇
Follow Here! 👇
If you liked this fluffy buttery pancake recipe you may also like