Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce with Whole Chicken
Farm to Table Recipes Featuring Rochester Michigan Farmers Market
This weekend, May 8th, 2022, the downtown Rochester, Michigan farmers market enjoyed its opening weekend, and the community showed up.
Within 10 minutes of opening, people from all over Oakland County had flooded the market, ready to support local businesses and enjoy the fresh foods this Michigan farmers market had to offer.
Today we will feature a recipe inspired by the downtown Rochester Farmers Market featuring ONLY ingredients purchased on opening day, a Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce with whole chicken recipe.
This roasted tomato pasta sauce with whole chicken was inspired by the local farmers and all the wonderful ingredients they had to offer.
Cooking for me is a way I show love to the people around me, and purchasing local ingredients from people who cultivate food with love brings so much to any dish.
Having the opportunity to head to my local farmers market and buy ingredients made with love, to then be inspired at home to cook with love, means so much to me. And today I couldn’t be more excited to bring you into my home and share with you some of the food I’ve made with love because of my local farmers market.
Farm to table food is fresh, tastes incredible, and supports your local community.
This year, we decided to hop in and support our local farmers in Rochester, Michigan, by creating a brand new farmers market fresh recipe every week featuring local ingredients.
Today, let’s make a Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce with a Whole Chicken.
Keep reading for the recipe card for this Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce with a Whole Chicken, and to learn more about farm to table recipes.
Why you will love farm to table recipes
- Ingredients taste best when in season
- Seasonal foods tend to be more affordable because of abundance
- Support small businesses passionate about their trade
- It’s so fun to head to the farmers market with the fam!
- Just plain yummy!
- On the Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- Fresh Garlic
- Whole Chicken
- Amish Wide Noodles
- Italian Seasoning
Noodles and meat at a farmers market?!
YES! It’s amazing how many things you can find at your local farmers market. You may be envisioning rows of vegetables and fruit.
(and trust me there is plenty of that fresh produce)
But your local farmers market can also be an amazing place to find fresh eggs, meats, and even baked goods. All made fresh by local small businesses passionate about what they do and the quality of food they provide.
How do you make this Recipe? 👇
Roasted Tomato Pasta Sauce with Whole Rotisserie Chicken
Seasoning for Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 large cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
Roasted Tomato Sauce
- 5 on the vine tomatoes halved or quartered
- 5 large cloves garlic peeled and whole
- 1/2 cup leeks roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz wide egg noodles
- 3.5 lb whole chicken thawed
- 1 1/2 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup leeks diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 475
- Mix together seasoning for the rotisserie chicken into a bowl. Now bring out your whole chicken and drizzle 2-3 tbsp olive oil all over chicken (including under the skin). Once covered in olive oil rub seasoning all over your chicken.
- Set your chicken on a roasting rack or baking sheet covered in olive oil (Breast side down). Baked for 15-18 min per lb.
- When you have 40 minutes cook time left on your chicken add all the ingredients for your roast tomato sauce onto a second baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes in oven with chicken.
- Boil water on stove for your pasta and be sure to salt your water. (We are talking ocean salty!)
- Once your roast tomato sauce ingredients have finished baking, remove from the oven and blend all together in a high speed blender.
- Once your water is boiling add in your noodles and cook until al dente, our noodles boiled for 14 minutes. (Be sure to follow instructions for noodles cook time based on the noodles you have purchased)
- Using a large saute pan on medium-high heat add 1 tbsp olive oil and your diced carrots and leeks. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Add sauce from blender to your large saute pan and add water and olive oil to pan. Simmer on low until noodles are finished.
- Once chicken has finished cooking be sure to check for doneness. (Chicken breasts should be 165 degrees). Set chicken aside to rest while the pasta finishes.
- Once noodles finish cooking, drain and add to simmer pasta sauce for 1-3 minutes.
- Serve and devour! TIP: Make it pretty by topping your pasta off with some fresh basil or parsley.
Are we friends yet? 👇
FREE Printable Meal Planner to help you get started today. 👇
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- The Best Chili you Ever Had!
- Fresh Basil Tomato Sauce
- Sausage Tortellini Bake
- Apple BBQ Pulled Pork
- Best Rib Recipe