Fresh August Produce Guide
Buying fresh August seasonal produce is the best and cheapest way to meal plan. Great fresh food at the best price is a huge win for flavor, texture and price.This is your Fresh August Produce Guide that you will want to look over during your meal planning.
The best produce for price and taste!
I wish I could go to a farmers market every weekend to shop at each vendor. If you have this option you will be able to really enjoy a deal on August seasonal produce. If not you can still get great prices at your local grocery store.
Cheapest fruits and vegetables month by month: Fresh Produce August Guide.
Often times stores will get large batches of in season foods and they place them at a sale price. August seasonal produce is amazing and delicious. So If you see something on sale and in bulk at your local store most likely it’s because that is the August fruit of the month.
Why you will love shopping for fruits and veggies in season by the month.
- Super Fresh
- Best Prices
- Best Flavor
- Widely available
Fruits and vegetables are in season in August.
Depending on where you live there are slightly different fruits in season. However in the USA the list provided are the most common foods available in season in the month of August. This is a common Fresh Produce August Guide.
Comment below and tell me what is most in season in your local area if it is not listed in this post.
What fruits are in season in August?
1. Cherries: One of my kids favs, but then again, most fruits are. Cherries are great in so many ways, whether on a summer salad, or placed on top of your bowl of ice cream. This fruit can be the best and most diverse fruit to use during the summer months.
2: Blueberries: Blueberries are perfect for some fresh smoothies. You can also use them in cooking, baking and enjoy them on their own for a midday snack.
3. Strawberries: Strawberries are amazing on their own, and can also be great in spreads, or used in smoothies and pies.
4. Blackberries: A great on the go fruit for lunches and great for spreads.
5. Raspberries: These berries are great for cooking, baking and even drinks.
6. Apricots: Apricots is amazing as a delicious fruit that can be cooked as a side, blended as a smoothies, or used as a spread. You can even add it to a salad with some fresh herbs for a fresh side.
7. Apples: Fresh apple pie is a fall highlight dessert for many of us. But there are so many great desserts to enjoy in the spring like an apple crisp over vanilla ice cream or chunky homemade apple sauce.
8. Pear: A ripe delicious seasonal pear is heavenly! Not to mention this one is great for making homemade baby food, desserts of all kinds and amazing with some gouda on a cheese platter.
9. Peaches: Peaches can be used as a side while using the grill. Peaches can also be used in a fruit salad or in a salsa.
10. Plums: Plums are great with cobblers, cakes, jams and are just a great snack for lunches. Need help with how to use your plums, take a look at this side recipe.
11. Grapes: One of the things that my kids love to do with grapes is to freeze them and then eat them as a snack. Grapes are also amazing in a fruit salad.
Some of your best bets for seasonal apples in August are:
- Ginger Gold
- Mollies Delicious
What vegetables are in season in August?
- Sweet Onions
- Summer Squash
- Bell Peppers
- Hot Peppers
1. Peas: Peas can be used in a lot of different cookings. You can use them in soups, sides, pasta dishes, you can make a puree with them or use them with good ol’ fashioned peas with salt and garlic and butter. Delicious.
2. Sweet Onions: Roasted sweet potatoes and onions, good old fashioned onion rings, french onion soup are just a few ways to use sweet onions.
3. Green Beans: A recent vegetable we have all grown to love. Roast these off with your favorite spice blend for a delicious veggies side for any dinner.
4. Cucumbers: Cucumbers are great for pickling, are wonderful in smoothies, and are great in fused water. Cucumbers can also be used in different mix drinks. .
5. Summer Squash: There is nothing better than grilled squash. Enjoy!
6. Corn: Corn can be used in many different ways. Corn can obviously be grilled on a girl and topped with some plain butter. It can also be used in salsa, salads and can even be turned into pancakes and waffles for breakfast.
7. Bell Peppers: Bell Peppers are great for fajitas and are amazing grilled with some fresh onions and mushrooms.
8. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are wonderful as a tart, in salsa’s, roasted or used in a vinaigrette.
9. Eggplant: Eggplants are great as a curry, in a stir fry, in a roast or pasta. Eggplant can even be used as a pizza, in a bake, on a kebob, and are often found in appetizers.
10. Hot Peppers: Hot Peppers can be baked, roasted, grilled, stuffed, or eaten raw. So many amazing ways to use this veggie.
Don’t forget to pin this Guide and save it for later!
Are we friends yet? 👇
Recipes to try in August.
- Stuffed Meatballs with Marinara Dipping Sauce
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Spinach Artichoke Manicotti
- Summer Freezer Meal Round Up
- Freezer Apple Pie