GUEST POST: Today we have a wonderful curry recipe and post from Catherine. She is the founder of a blog called yourwanderingfoodie.com.
Check out her amazing blog all about food and travel, she is able to find a beautiful mixture of the two bringing you all around the world with her.
Red Thai Coconut Curry Recipe by Catherine @ Your Wandering Foodie.
This Red thai coconut curry recipe is so simple to make, has very few ingredients, full of flavour, freezer friendly and adjustable for serving size! I love this recipe for so many reasons and I hope you will enjoy it too.
Freezer meals are so helpful! Whether you’re eating for one (hands up, no shame!), feeding a big fam, or simply want to stock up on meals, this recipe is perfect.
Why you will love this red thai coconut curry recipe.
- 10 Minutes to Prep
- Super Easy
- Extremely Tasty
- Healthy (Soy Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Preservative Free)
- Family Friendly
So why do you need to make this recipe?
Because it is so full of flavour, so versatile, so super simple and so delicious, did I mention delicious? I once ate this meal two days in a row, no shame! One day I had shrimp and the next day I switched it up with tofu.
Hope you enjoy!
*See FAQ’s and specific tips following recipe below. (so you don’t have to scroll for a million years to find the food).
How do you make this Thai red curry recipe?👇
Red Thai Coconut Curry
- 2 lbs Chicken or protein of your choice
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1.5 cups peppers, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- lime wedges (Optional) garnish
- green onions (Optional) garnish
Red Thai Curry Ingredients:
- 2 14.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 4-5 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tsp garlic powder or 3-4 fresh garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger or 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch slurry
- 2 tbsp water slurry
Make Fresh Directions:
- Chop all your veggies and prepare your protein.
- In a large saucepan, stir together coconut milk and red curry paste. Heat to a boil and add your slurry. Stir until thickened and then turn on low.
- Cook your rice or noodles.
- Saute onions, carrots, garlic and ginger in another pan until soft. Add peppers and mushrooms and saute a few minutes longer.
- Add all the veggies to the curry, adding the spinach last.
- When the spinach has wilted, remove from heat and serve over rice or noodles. Optional: Garnish with green onions and a lime wedge.
- Label Freezer bag with Recipe name, cooking from freezer directions and expiration date (todays date plus three months).
- Blend all curry sauce ingredients in high speed blender or food processor to make curry sauce.
- Add all main ingredients and curry sauce into gallon freezer bag.
- Seal bag, removing as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months.
(Slow Cooker) Cooking from Frozen Directions:
- Thaw overnight in fridge or in the morning in water (meal may not be 100% thawed but that is ok).
- Dump contents of freezer bag into slow cooker.
- For Chicken: Cook on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.
- Shred chicken, and stir back into slow cooker.
- Serve over basmati rice or rice noodles (cauliflower rice if paleo).
Are we friends yet? 👇
FREE Printable Meal Planner to help you get started today. 👇