Mashed potatoes are a go to side when dinner is last minute. Cost effective, easy to make and everyone loves them!
After making mashed potatoes so many times I have a fast and easy recipe that is creamy and sooooo good!
The kids are happy, husband is happy and I feel like a killer mom…even though dinner may not have been super planned…
Mashed potatoes can be flavored to compliment so many dishes so get creative and have some fun with spices! Or keep it simple with salt and pepper.
So enjoy this basic mashed potato recipe. If its not broke don’t fix it!
Simple Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- 5 Medium Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup Almond Milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Fill a 12-quart stock pot a little more then halfway with water and bring to a boil (Be sure to salt the water)
- While waiting for water to boil peel and cube potatoes
- When water is boiling set in potatoes and boil for 15-20 minutes (or until potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork)
- Drain potatoes when cooked and put into a large mixing bowl, combine with milk and butter and mash together (You may need to add more milk depending on potato size, add 1/4 cup at a time and stir until desired consistency is reached)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!