Spiced pumpkin bread
FREEZER FRIENDLY BREAD
Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe
When people get excited about a recipe your bringing to the party you know its a hit. This recipe has reciped that kind of welcome over and over again.
Its by far the best pumpkin bread recipe out there and gives you a warm spiced pumpkin bread for those cool fall and winter nights.
Making a couple loafs and then freezing them gives you a snack whenever you want it or a ready made home cooked loaf to bring over to a friends house last minute.
You will love this make ahead holiday freezer friendly pumpkin bread.
This pumpkin bread recipe is a staple in our home, the main reason being that it freezes so well.
Bread recipes tend to do great in the freezer. Double or even triple this recipe and freeze your extra loaves. Thaw when you want to eat and enjoy!
Why you will love this spiced pumpkin bread.
- 15 Minutes to Prep
- Super Easy
- Extremely Tasty
- Holiday Favorite
- Make Ahead Freezer Recipe
Ingredients you will need for this spiced pumpkin bread recipe.
- pumpkin puree
- coconut oil
- white sugar
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- ground cloves
Is spiced pumpkin bread spicy?
Are the spices in pumpkin spice bread the same as pumpkin pie?
How to make pumpkin bread with spice cake mix?
What kind of flour can I use?
This recipe is designed for all-purpose flour. If you do not have all-purpose flour or are looking for some 1:1 substitutions then the recipe should also work well with these flours.
- Cake flour
- Bread Flour
- Whole Wheat Flour
How to freeze spiced pumpkin bread.
How to store this pumpkin bread recipe?
*See FAQ’s and specific tips following recipe below. (so you don’t have to scroll for a million years to find the food ).
How to make pumpkin spice bread?
Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup and 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
Supplies for freezing:
- 1 Gallon Freezer Bag
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil sugar and eggs.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until combined (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 min - 1 hour until the top of the loaf springs back when pressed lightly or knife comes out clean.
- Write title "Pumpkin Bread" on 1 gallon freezer bag and expiration date (todays date plus three months).
- Wrap cooled loaf in tin foil. Be sure loaf is cool before wrapping.
- Set wrapped loaf into 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to eat remove from freezer, let thaw, and enjoy!
if you liked this recipe give it a share!
Tag @My_FamilyDinner or #MyFamilyDinner
Download my FREE 7-Day Meal Planner
How freezer meal plans will change your life.
Absolutely! Freeze in individual loafs, wraping each one individually. Ths bread freezes extremely well.
Take your pumpkin bread loaf out of the freezer and set it in the fridge to slowly thaw during the day until you need it. If you do not have a couple hours for your bread tot haw in the fridge you can take the bread out, unwrap it and set it on a plate in room temperature. The bread will be ready within the hour. Warm in oven at 250 for 15-20 minutes if you want it warm.
This pumpkin bread recipe will stay good in the freezer for 3-6 months.
A serving size assumes 1 slice of pumpkin bread at 244 kcal per serving.
If you are baking with all-purpose flour be sure to not overmix the batter once flour is in. Mixing in your dry ingredients slowly and until just combined will help keep your bread lite and fluffy. Overmixing can lead to a dense tough loaf.
I have not tried this recipe with any substitutions and have only baked with the recipe card above. There are many substitutions that may result in great bread but I have not tried.
Don't forget to pin this recipe and save it for later! 👇
Follow Here! 👇
If you liked this pumpkin bread recipe you may also like