When people get excited about a recipe your bringing to the party you know its a hit. This recipe has reciped that kind of welcome over and over again.
Its by far the best pumpkin bread recipe out there and gives you a warm spiced pumpkin bread for those cool fall and winter nights.
Making a couple loafs and then freezing them gives you a snack whenever you want it or a ready made home cooked loaf to bring over to a friends house last minute.
This pumpkin bread recipe is a staple in our home, the main reason being that it freezes so well.
Bread recipes tend to do great in the freezer. Double or even triple this recipe and freeze your extra loaves. Thaw when you want to eat and enjoy!
Spiced Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup and 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
Supplies for freezing:
- 1 Gallon Freezer Bag
- Aluminum Foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil sugar and eggs.
- In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Stir dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until combined (do not overmix).
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 min – 1 hour until the top of the loaf springs back when pressed lightly or knife comes out clean.
- Write title "Pumpkin Bread" on 1 gallon freezer bag and expiration date (todays date plus three months).
- Wrap cooled loaf in tin foil. Be sure loaf is cool before wrapping.
- Set wrapped loaf into 1 gallon freezer bag.
- Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to eat remove from freezer, let thaw, and enjoy!