Have you ever tried repurposing nuts for hummus, dips or sour cream? They have such an amazing texture and can be used for so many different recipes!
When I served this Garlic Hummus to my husband and kids they LOVED it! My kids we so surprised it was not “regular” hummus and now we actually prefer this!
This recipe is vegan, paleo and whole 30 friendly as well as just tasty and worth making.
Hosting a party, having friends over or just enjoying dinner everyone will enjoy this!
If you like this recipe then subscribe to my blog for more recipes weekly!
The only Vegan Hummus Recipe you need!
- 2 cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fill a small pot with hot water (hottest you can get from your tap will work) and cashews. Fill until water covers cashews by one inch.
- Let cashews soak for 15 minutes
- Drain and rinse cashews then pour into a high speed blender or food processor
- Add water, salt, garlic cloves, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil and blend for 2-5 minutes or until smooth. (You may have to scrape down the sides once or twice) Add extra olive oil to reach desired texture.
- Serve immediately or place in fridge until ready to serve (Hummus will slightly thicken in fridge, stir in a little extra olive oil if desired)