Sweet Baked Bean Chili
This sweet baked bean chili freezer meal will rock your world! It's got all the best flavors of baked beans and bacon in a light chili that everyone will love.
- 1 lb bacon cooked and diced
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 28 oz can baked beans
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups broth of preference use water if out of broth
- 1 tsp onion powder, paprika 1 tsp of each
- 1 tbsp garlic powder, oregano, chili powder, cumin
Label Freezer bag with recipe name, cooking from frozen directions and expiration date (todays date plus three months).
Add all ingredients into labeled gallon freezer bag.
Store in freezer for up to three months.
Cooking from Frozen Directions:
Thaw overnight in fridge or in the morning in some warm water (meal may not be 100% thawed but that is ok).
Add freezer bag contents into slow cooker.
Cook on low 6-8 hours. (May need an extra 30 minutes if completely frozen when placed in slow cooker).
It's ready to serve, enjoy!
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, fresh green onions or peppers!
- For a kick add in a little hot sauce to your bowl.
- Great dish to serve for a party or family gathering!