Eating less processed foods can be really tough. Especially when you get a craving for something nostalgic like NILLA WAFERS!
This recipe is simple and delicious! It will satisfy that craving for Nilla wafers plus no preservatives!
Baking supplies is also quite inexpensive compared to buying a box of nilla wafers for $5 a box. Lets be honest, that box wont last long either…haha
Enjoy this tasty recipe! Make it as a great addition to kids lunch, after school snack, summer treat or just because!
Homemade Nilla Wafers
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Then mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix into butter/sugar mixture slowly. (Do not overmix batter)
- Drop cookies onto baking sheets, keeping about 2 inches between them. Each dough ball should be about 1 inch in diameter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes (or until edges become a golden brown)