Have you ever gone to the carnival and bought those candied almonds in that triangular bag?! So tasty!
Lets be honest maybe not the healthiest snack out there. BUT there is a way to enjoy this treat at home and its WAY healthier then anything you will buy.
Nuts are a great healthy fat and make a wonderful crunchy snack. Sweet or savory there are so many ways to enjoy!
Make these candied pecans for a tasty treat, to top off a salad, as an app or even as a cute gift!
This recipe is also super customization so if pecans aren’t your thing try it with almonds, walnuts or any other favorite nut of yours!
You can even add in cranberries if you like…they will give you more of a hard candy type texture. But i find them so tasty with just the right amount of tartness added.
- 2 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until pecans are evenly coated.
- Pour pecan mixture onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Baking for 12 minutes then flip pecans to crisp both sides evenly and bake an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes then enjoy! Be sure to cool completely before storing so they keep their fresh crunch!
- Once cool, add candied pecans into a gallon freezer bag and store in freezer until ready to serve.