Homemade Freezer Tomato Sauce
Mmmmmm…tomato sauce. Homemade instant pot tomato sauce is so crazy easy! Spaghetti and meatballs, pizza, veggies, pasta, spaghetti squash, sooo many possibilities.
This is a super easy instant pot tomato sauce you can freeze or use fresh anytime!
Journeying toward less processed foods, more organic living and all on a budget means more homemade items. But it doesn’t have to mean home cooking every-night. No ones got time for that!
Plus who doesn’t love a quick spaghetti dinner?
How about a quick spaghetti dinner with homemade instant pot tomato sauce?
This tomato sauce is so easy, fast to make and freezes really well. Make a big batch and then freeze so you have as many easy dinner nights as you like.
So when pasta night arrives whip out that fresh pasta sauce you made and sit down to proudly enjoy!
Why you will love this Instant Pot Fresh Tomato Sauce.
- Minutes to Prep
- Super Easy
- Extremely Tasty
- Healthy (Soy Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Preservative Free)
- Family Friendly
How to store this tomato sauce.
After cooking store in fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days. You can also freeze the sauce especially if you make a big batch for up to 3-4 months. I like to store my pasta sauce in glass containers, enough in each for a family dinner.
Having fresh sauce arounds makes for a quick last minute spaghetti night anytime PLUS its a healthy clean sauce!
Do I need a slow cooker for this recipe?
You can use a slow cooker or crock pot for this recipe. It is designed to be fast and easy so you do not have to take the time to cook all night.
Can I use an instant pot?
Of course! Follow the directions in the recipe above for a variety of cook methods. This pressure cooker tomato sauce is amazing and can be made so quickly! If you are tight on time or a last minute cook then throw everything in the instant post and adjust cook time. For slow cooker to instant pot conversion times click here to get a simple instant pot cheat sheet. You will never have to guess or research an instant pot cook time again!
How do you make this Recipe? 👇
Instant Pot Tomato Sauce (Using Fresh or Canned Tomatoes)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cup diced tomatoes
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, diced (or 1 1/2 tbsp dried basil)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
Instant Pot Tomato Sauce Directions:
- Add your olive oil to base of instant pot first.
- Add all iremaining ingredients into the instant pot. (If using fresh tomatoes add an additional 1 cup water so your tomatoes do not burn)
- Secure instant pot lid and be sure the steam release valve is sealed.
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 20 minutes (the instant pot will take some time to come to pressure)
- Natural pressure release for 10 minutes then release your steam value to vent out all remaining pressure.
- Stir and add salt and pepper to taste if any extra is needed.
- Optional: Use an immertion blender, high speed blender, or food processor to blend half or all of the sauce depending on how chuncky you like your sauce.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on stovetop
- Add diced onion and sauté 3-5 minutes (Or until softened)
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes. (If you like a thicker sauce you can simmer longer until you reach desired consistency)
- Serve over pasta, veggies, or whatever you're enjoying for dinner! Freeze sauce in airtight containers for up to three months. (Be sure to let sauce cool before you store it)
Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Directions:
- Add all ingredeints into slow cooker.
- Cook on low 2-4 hours or high 1-2 hours. (If you need to let it simmer longer you will get more and more flavor the longer it simmers on low)
- Stir and serve! You can also freeze once cooled for 3-4 months.
Are we friends yet? 👇
FREE Printable Meal Planner to help you get started today. 👇
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- The Best Chili you Ever Had!
- Fresh Basil Tomato Sauce
- Sausage Tortellini Bake
- Apple BBQ Pulled Pork
- Best Rib Recipe