Sausage and Tortellini Bake
This epic sausage tortellini bake is a comfort food guilty pleasure dish everyone will LOVE.
When we eat pasta at our home we do it right and this one is worth every bite.
Sausage tortellini bake is creamy, flavorful with some veg and sausage. It is just so good and one my husband LOVES!
Plus this dish took almost no time or effort! Super easy and super tasty!
We do aim to eat healthy majority of the time but this meal would be one of those comfort food type evenings for us.
A super simple recipe with very few ingredients, helps it come together super fast. Make two and pop one in the freezer for another day you don’t want to cook. Or even better make a couple and include this in your next meal prep day!
Its a wonderful meal to bring to a friend, family member or as a dish to pass!
It will be a definite hit and you will make it again and again!
Why you will love this sausage tortellini bake recipe.
- Super Easy
- Extremely Tasty
- Comfort Food
- Family Favorite
Is this sausage tortellini bake spicy?
Spicy Italian sausage is my husband and my favorite when I make this as a romantic date night dinner for the two of us.
Ingredients you will need for this tortellini casserole recipe.
- cheese tortellini (or tortellini of preference)
- italian sausage
- bell peppers
- alfredo sauce
- diced tomatoes
Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Should I make homemade alfredo sauce?
Can I make this sausage tortellini alfredo casserole recipe in the slow cooker?
What kind of meat can I use?
What to serve with this cheese tortellini with sausage and peppers skillet?
How to store this sausage tortellini bake recipe?
Do I need a slow cooker for this recipe?
Can I use an instant pot instead?
*See FAQ’s and specific tips following recipe below. (so you don’t have to scroll for a million years to find the food ).
How do you make this Sausage Tortellini Bake Recipe?
- 24 oz package cheese tortellini
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (any color)
- 16 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 and lay parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Place sausages on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove and chop up into 1/2 inch slices. (Or desired size)
- While sausage bakes heat olive oil in large skillet on stovetop and saute onions and peppers. Cook down until soft on med-high heat (takes about 20 minutes)
- Add alfredo sauce, 1 can diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup water to veggies. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add uncooked tortellini into a 9X13 baking dish. Pour sauce over tortellini and mix in sausage. [If freezing tortellini bake you will freeze the casserole prior to baking. See freezer directions below for the next step. If not freezing then continue on to step 6.]
- Bake in oven 40-50 minutes or until tortellini is cooked and sauce is bubbling.
- Let stand 15 minutes before servings and enjoy!-
- Cover tortellini bake pie and be sure to label with recipe name, cooking directions and expiration date (today's date plus three months). Free printable label on recipe post.
- Freeze until ready to cook!
Cooking Directions from Frozen:
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake covered for 60-75 minutes, or until bubbling and hot in center. Then bake uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Cooking Directions from Thawed:
- Preheat oven to 375 and bake covered for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling and hot in center. Then bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
if you liked this recipe give it a share!
Tag @My_FamilyDinner or #MyFamilyDinner
How freezer meals will change your life.
To learn more about how freezer cooking can help make your life easier sign up for FOOD FOR THOUGHT! Get healthy recipes, meal plans and hacks straight to your inbox weekly.
Frequently asked questions
YES! This is a freezer casserole which means you can prep in a casserole dish. Basically throw everything together.
And then freeze it ready to bake whenever you are. This dish is an amazing freezer meal if you do not have a slow cooker or instant pot and will keep your family running to the table every time.
No problem! Just throw the freezer meal in your oven and you’re all set. Follow the instructions for cooking from thawed or frozen in the recipe card.
There are 460 calories in 1 1/2 cups of this casserole.
Not just yet. I am working on modifying this recipe to make it an instant pot sausage tortellini bake but have not quite perfected it yet.
If you’re interested in an instant pot cheat sheet for cook times click here!
Unfortunately no. It is full of gluten (unless you use gluten free) and tons of sugar which makes this a comfort food recipe more then a healthy recipe.
Don't forget to pin this recipe and save it for later! 👇
Follow Here! 👇
If you liked this sausage and tortellini bake recipe you may also like