So you want some guilty pleasure pasta dishes to feed your family for dinner every once and a while?
Well here you are! This dish is an old school family favorite of ours. It is creamy, flavorful with some veg and sausage. It is just so good and one my husband LOVES!
We do aim to eat healthy majority of the time but this meal would be one of those comfort food type evenings for us.
A super simple recipe with very few ingredients, helps it come together super fast. Make two and pop one in the freezer for another day you don’t want to cook. Or even better make a couple and include this in your next meal prep day!
Its also a wonderful dish to bring to a friend for their meal train!
Try cooking this for your family or friends! It will be a definite hit and you will make it again and again!
Hope you enjoy!
- 24 oz package cheese tortellini
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (any color)
- 16 oz jar alfredo sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 and lay parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Place sausages on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove and chop up into 1/2 inch slices. (Or desired size)
- While sausage bakes heat olive oil in large skillet on stovetop and saute onions and peppers. Cook down until soft on med-high heat (takes about 20 minutes)
- Add alfredo sauce, 1 can diced tomatoes and 1/2 cup water to veggies. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add uncooked tortellini into a 9X13 baking dish. Pour sauce over tortellini and mix in sausage. [If freezing tortellini bake you will freeze the casserole prior to baking. See freezer directions below for the next step. If not freezing then continue on to step 6.]
- Bake in oven 40-50 minutes or until tortellini is cooked and sauce is bubbling.
- Let stand 15 minutes before servings and enjoy!-
- Cover tortellini bake pie and be sure to label with recipe name, cooking directions and expiration date (today's date plus three months). Free printable label on recipe post.
- Freeze until ready to cook!
Cooking Directions from Frozen:
- Preheat oven to 425 and bake covered for 60-75 minutes, or until bubbling and hot in center. Then bake uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
Cooking Directions from Thawed:
- Preheat oven to 375 and bake covered for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling and hot in center. Then bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes, then serve and enjoy!