Buying fresh March seasonal produce is the best way to meal plan. Great fresh food at the best price is a huge win for flavor, texture and price.
The best produce for price and taste!
I wish I could go to a farmers market every weekend to shop at each vendor. If you have this option you will be able to really enjoy a deal on march seasonal produce. If not you can still get great prices at your local grocery store.
Cheapest fruits and vegetables month by month: March.
Often times stores will get large batches of in season foods and they place them at a sale price. March seasonal produce is amazing and delicious. So If you see something on sale and in bulk at your local store most likely it’s because that is the March fruit of the month.
Why you will love shopping for fruits in season by the month.
- Super Fresh
- Best Prices
- Best Flavor
- Widely available
What fruits are in March?
What veg is in season now?
- Brussel Sprouts
Fruits and vegetables in season in March.
Depending on where you live there are slightly different fruits in season. However in the USA the list provided are the most common foods available in season in the month of March.
Comment below and tell me what is most in season in your local area if it is not listed in this post.
1. Kiwi: One of my kids favs. This tropical fruit is pretty in a salad or can be shaped into fun stars to throw in your little ones lunch.
2: Oranges: Oranges are perfect for some fresh squeezed orange juice. You can also use them in cooking, baking and enjoy them on their own for a midday snack.
3. Tangerines: Tangerines are similar to clementines but have a tart flavor compared to clementines which have a very sweet flavor. 4. Clementine: Clementines are by far my kids favorite snack. We pack these in my daughters lunch as well. They are a great healthy on the go fruit for kids and adults alike. 5. Lemons: Lemons are great for cooking, baking and even drinks. There is nothing better then fresh squeezed lemon juice. I always recommend using fresh lemon juice compared to the pre-squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
6. Grapefruit: Grapefruit is amazing as a delicious breakfast or juiced. You can even add it to a salad with some fresh herbs for a fresh side.
7. Apples: Fresh apple pie is a fall highlight dessert for many of us. But there are so many great desserts to enjoy in the spring like an apple crisp over vanilla ice cream or chunky homemade apple sauce.
8. Pear: A ripe delicious seasonal pear is heavenly! Not to mention this one is great for making homemade baby food, desserts of all kinds and amazing with some gouda on a cheese platter.
1. Artichokes: Spinach and artichoke dip (especially the easy crockpot recipes) is a great way to use up seasonal artichokes. You can also roast them and make the perfect dipping sauce as a fancy dinner appetizer to impress your guests.
2. Broccoli: Broccoli roasted is the absolutely the best way to enjoy this veggie. You can also use it in fresh salads, steamed, or in many savory dishes. Beef and broccoli in the slow cooker is an easy freezer meal you can use.
3. Brussels Sprouts: A recent vegetable we have all grown to love. Roast these off with your favorite spice blend for a delicious veggies side for any dinner.
4. Cauliflower: Cauliflower has always been treated like broccoli. But there are so many amazing ways to use this vegetable now. Try making cauliflower rice, cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower buffalo wings or cauliflower queso sauce just to name a few.
5. Leeks: Leeks are a part of the onion family. They are wonderful in soups and can also be roasted and eaten on their own.
6. Lettuce: Whether you have been growing some lettuce in a cup (yes you can reuse those lettuce heads and grow lettuce in your kitchen) Or if you are looking for some crisp leaves for a panera like salad. Now is a great time to get some fresh lettuce. One fun way to enjoy romaine is to grill it…SERIOUSLY its amazing!
7. Mushrooms: Ok, so you either love or hate this one. Mushrooms on pizza are an absolute fav in my household. But you can do so much with mushrooms, try adding them to a recipe or make a portabello mushroom burger.
8. Parsnips: Parsnips are wonderful mashed and similar to a potato. They can be roasted and enjoyed as a potato substitute or eaten cooked on their own as a side.
9. Radishes: Radishes are a wonderful low carb alternative to potatoes in a recipe. I love using them in beef stew. Roasted parsnips give a very butter flavor and are so delish on their own as a side.
10. Rutabagas: Rutabagas are another root vegetable. However, they are lower in carbs and calories than potato and can be a great substitute for the traditional potato.
11. Turnips: Turnips are wonderful baked, boiled or steamed. Turnips are a wonderful side or used in savory dishes.
These are the main food that are in season in March. Hope you enjoyed this article on what’s in season in March.
Some of your best bet for seasonal apples in March are:
- Pink Lady
- Granny Smith
- Golden Delicious
Don’t forget to pin this recipe and save it for later!
Are we friends yet? 👇
Recipes to try in March.